cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stuart Roebuck <stuart.roeb...@adolos.co.uk>
Subject Re: strange resons not going beta (was Re: C2: trouble getting streaming to work as expected)
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2001 10:28:23 GMT
A lot of the work we are doing couldn't go prime-time on live C2 without a
cache (we currently output content from C2 and serve it statically).  That'
s not specifically the fault of Cocoon but inherent in the nature of some
of our generators and the level of multiple pass XSLT processing we do.
We could work round it by building our own cache and moving our XSLT code
more from code maintainability towards code efficiency, but a C2 cache
would make that work redundant, so we're not too keen.

I'm not really pushing things either way, but I thought it was worth
indicating that there are folk out there who would put C2 caching up there
as a critical feature.

Stuart.