cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stuart Roebuck <stuart.roeb...@adolos.co.uk>
Subject Re: [C2] [Q] SQL routemap and status?
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2001 09:52:17 GMT
Thanks for the prompt replies,

On Monday, March 19, 2001, at 08:53  pm, Giacomo Pati wrote:

> Stuart Roebuck wrote:
>>
>> I've just been starting some SQL database integration to existing C2 work
>> and I'm trying to get a handle on the C2 SQL routemap and current status?
>
> Waht do you mean by "routemap"?

As Santiago correctly translated, I was just asking where things are going
- sorry for any ambiguity.

>> My understanding is that the is an SQL processor, and there is an ESQL
>> XSP
>> taglib.
>>
>> The documentation for C1 appears to indicate that the SQL processing is
>> no-longer recommended, is this also true for C2?
>
> I guess so.

 From the various responses I feel reasonably confident that I should be
learning to use ESQL.

Thanks.

My first bit of SQL integration has taken an eight hour processing task
down to under 1 minute.  No more 'nasty' document() functions or 2Mb XML
input documents!

Stuart.