cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stuart Roebuck <stuart.roeb...@adolos.co.uk>
Subject [C2] [Q] SQL routemap and status?
Date Mon, 19 Mar 2001 14:29:44 GMT
I've just been starting some SQL database integration to existing C2 work
and I'm trying to get a handle on the C2 SQL routemap and current status?

My understanding is that the is an SQL processor, and there is an ESQL XSP
taglib.

The documentation for C1 appears to indicate that the SQL processing is
no-longer recommended, is this also true for C2?

ESQL clearly provides considerably more power, and is, I would guess,
likely to be more efficient once pre-compiled, compared with the SQL
processor.  The SQL processor, on the other hand, seems to be easier to
use for simple requirements.  Am I right here, are there recommended uses
for one or other?

There appear to be a few quirks in the SQL processor, e.g. table column
names are converted to lowercase before they are used as element names in
the resulting ROWSET XML output.  Is this a known problem? or an intended
behaviour?

Thanks, any pointers much appreciated.