cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Jay Freeman \(saurik\)" <sau...@saurik.com>
Subject 3/1/2001 FOP0.17 Change for OutputStream vs. Writer Fudged Unicode
Date Sat, 24 Mar 2001 13:05:12 GMT
I just upgraded my CVS copy of cocoon and one of the websites I host
suddenly started looking stupid :-).  My knowledge of character sets is so
limited I am going to avoid trying to describe it (trust me, this is a
*good* thing… especially considering how tired I am).

It isn’t an important website, not released to the public yet anyway, so I
left it like this as an example and threw together a simple demonstration
page:

Good:   http://www.redoz.com/chars.jsp
Bad:     http://www.redoz.com/chars.xsp

It just needs to get run through cocoon for it to go all crazy looking.  I
sat around with CVS for a while going back and forth in time until I found
the change that did it in:

CVS:  upgrade to support FOP0.17, Cocoon Formatter interface is changed by
this commit

changes.xml:
  <action dev="RDG" type="add" due-to="Donald Ball"
due-to-email="balld@webslingerZ.com">
   Added "fastcutoff" setting to cocoon.properties to control sendRedirect,
   getOutputStream and getWriter behaviour for maximum flexibility and
backward compatibility.
  </action>
  <action dev="RDG" type="update" due-to="Kelly Campbell"
due-to-email="camk@merlot.channelpoint.com">
   Updated Cocoon for compatibility with FOP 0.16 and above. Backward
compatibility to at least FOP 0.13
   is still maintained.
   WARNING: The Formatter interface has been changed. Instead of taking a
Writer it now takes
   an OutputStream. This makes more sense for output types like PDF.
  </action>

Of course, it could be that this change FIXED something and that there is
something wrong with those files, in which case does anyone know what that
might be? :-)

Sincerely,
Jay Freeman (saurik)
saurik@saurik.com <mailto:saurik@saurik.com>