cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Foster <jafos...@engmail.uwaterloo.ca>
Subject [C2] Generator affecting future processing
Date Sun, 04 Mar 2001 20:46:39 GMT
Is it possible for a Generator to change the processing chain at runtime?
When I was playing with the ScriptGenerator, I thought that it would be nice
for the Generator to be also to do things like choose a skin using
information from a database.

My bet is that a generator can create a new parameter, much like {1}, but
nothing leapt to view.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

The problem with the simple solution proposed above is that some skins might
require more than one transformation.  Can a Generator specify
transformations in additional to those in the sitemap? Alternatively can a
Generator bypass a transformation?

I guess my question is how tightly coupled is Cocoon2 to the sitemap?  The
sitemap seems much more static than a complex system (say a web-based
e-journal that includes workflow capabilities) might require.  It certainly
rocks for less crazily dynamic situations.

Thanks!

Jason Foster