cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Bordadora, Carrie" <CBordad...@ebuilt.com>
Subject RE: [C2]: Installation with Bea WebLogic 5.1?
Date Sat, 31 Mar 2001 01:09:08 GMT
We have Cocoon2 running with Weblogic 5.1 for several months
now.  I don't remember encountering an error specifying
an interface problem.  But we had problems with the security
and java classpath.  Here are the things we added or changed
in weblogic:

  In the startWebLogic startup script:
    Added $JAVA_HOME/lib/tools.jar to the JAVACLASSPATH
      variable.
  We combined the JAVACLASSPATH and the WEBLOGICCLASSPATH so
  the sitemap will compile.
    Changed -classpath to "$JAVACLASSPATH:$WEBLOGICCLASSPATH"
      and added -Dweblogic.system.disableWeblogicClassPath=true
      to the weblogic.Server execution.  So, the next to the last
      line looks something like this:
        $JAVA $JAVA_OPTIONS -ms64m -mx64m
          -classpath "$JAVACLASSPATH:$WEBLOGICCLASSPATH"
          -Dweblogic.home=. -Djava.security.manager
          -Djava.security.policy==`pwd`/weblogic.policy
          -Dweblogic.security.SSL.useJava=true
          -Dweblogic.system.disableWeblogicClassPath=true
          weblogic.Server
  In the weblogic.policy file:
    Added FilePermission to the directory where sitemap and other
    files are generated:
      permission java.io.FilePermission "${/mypath}-",
"read,write,delete,execute";

I think that's all we did.  We didn't include cocoon as a WAR
since we were not going to use webapp.  Cocoon.jar was added to
the classpath instead, but that shouldn't make a difference.

Good luck with your integration.

Carrie Bordadora
Senior Software Developer
eBuilt, Inc.