cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <giac...@betaversion.org>
Subject Performance of loggin
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2001 14:06:09 GMT
Hi all

I've recently made a copy of C2 without any log.debug() statements in it for a
test how much performance we loose using it that extensively. I've written a
script that comments out every possible .debug() use in the sources (I confess I
had to edit the sitemap.xsl manually but this wasn't much effort) I've used the
ApacheBench tool for the mesurement.

Well, probably someone else should made this test independantly (I may
have done something wrong) because I haven't found *ANY* significant differences
??!! I've tested it several time with and without XSLT on the welcome page and
everytime I get the same differences (less that 10ms per request).

Does anybody may have a reason why?

Giacomo