cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Lock, Fred" <fl...@gohealthcast.com>
Subject C2: trouble getting streaming to work as expected
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2001 18:43:40 GMT
Hello,

My partner and I are using the enclosed XSP (see below) to experiment with
the streaming capabilities of C2. We are applying the dynamic-page2html.xsl
which comes with the C2 distribution to format the output. We are using IE
version 5.5 to view the output. C2 is running on Tomcat 3.2.1.

We expect that when we hit the XSP we should see the browser displaying a
new integer number on successive lines every 0.5 seconds.

However, what actually happens is that we wait approximately 70 seconds, and
then integers 0 through 131 are displayed. We then wait another 70 seconds
and integers 132 through 268 are displayed, etc.

It appears that the output is being cached, then streamed out, cached, etc.

Is there some way to reduce this cache, or force a flush?

Thanks,
Fred

XSP file to experiment with C2 streaming.
dynamic-page2html.xsl is used to style the output.

<xsp:page
  language="java"
  xmlns:xsp="http://apache.org/xsp"

  <page>