cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Timm, Sean" <st...@gohealthcast.com>
Subject RE: C2: trouble getting streaming to work as expected
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2001 21:22:32 GMT
Berin Loritsch [mailto:bloritsch@apache.org] wrote:
>I don't really think that penalizing 99% of Cocoon's transactions based
>on a couple of exceptions to the model is worth removing the Buffered IO.
>What Buffered IO affords is the ability to send the stream in chunks
>optimized for throughput.  It assumes that the destination is slower than
>the origination.  Since Cocoon will be used mostly for writing to the
>network or even disk, this is true most of the time.

Unfortunately, in our case, the origination is *much* slower than the
destination.  I agree that we shouldn't penalize the majority of the cases,
but it seems like enabling or disabling buffered IO is something that could
be configurable, in which case it would handle the exceptions, as well.
Does anyone see this as valuable, or should we just make our own serializer
as you've suggested?

- Sean T.