cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Klaasen Tom <Tom.Klaa...@the-ecorp.com>
Subject RE: [C2] XSP / keywords in directory names
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2001 12:14:10 GMT
Matthias,

This is not a Cocoon "bug", it is something that is defined in the Java
Language Specification:

on http://java.sun.com/docs/books/jls/first_edition/html/19.doc.html#52996,
we read:

PackageDeclaration:
	package Name ;

Name:
	SimpleName
	QualifiedName

SimpleName:
	Identifier

QualifiedName:
	Name . Identifier

thus a packagedeclaration consists of Identifiers. On
http://java.sun.com/docs/books/jls/first_edition/html/3.doc.html#229308, we
see:

3.9 Keywords
The following character sequences, formed from ASCII letters, are reserved
for use as keywords and cannot be used as identifiers (ยง3.8): [...]

So the Java Language _specifies_ you can't use keywords as package names.

If you want to "fix" this, feel free to define a new language. Call it C##
or so ;)

tomK