cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuelle Gauthier <egauth...@montrouge.tt.slb.com>
Subject LDAP processor problems
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2001 14:01:20 GMT
Hi,

I work with the LDAP processor of Cocoon since a few days and I got some
problems.
I just fand one mail in the Apache Mailing List Archives quite similar to
my problem but there were no response...

 >From:           Daniel Barclay
 >Date:           Tue, 11 Apr 2000 22:30:37 GMT
 >To:              cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
 >Subject:      LDAP lookup problem 2 - some queries "cn=*y*" fail to find
or substitute results

 >Message:    I'm getting really weird LDAP results for queries with single
letters
 >                 (e.g., "cn=*a*").  A few letters don't return expected
matches.  (I've
 >                 noticed i, s, and y.)  There is clearly data that should
be returned.

 >                 For example, searching for "cn=*ay*" or "cn=*a*" both
return a list
 >                 including my name ("...Barclay"), but search for
"cn=*y*" fails.
 >                 Additionally, when it fails, it not only fails to return
the list
 >                 of matching data, it doesn't even remove the ldap-query
element.
 >                 (It does remove the ldap-defs element.)
 >
 >                 Similarly, "cn=*i*" fails, but "cn=*il*" match an
"Ilene..." and
 >                 a "William..."
 >
 >                 Does this sound like some really weird LDAP server
problem, bugs
 >                 in the LDAP processor, or a combination?
 >
 >                 Daniel

I have almost the same problem. I use the LDAP processor, it runs well for
some queries such as "(cn=*gauthier*)" and it fails for others such as
"(cn=*ganem*)" (the name of my colleague). When it fails, it not only fails
to return the list of matching data, it doesn't even remove the ldap-query
element. (It does remove the ldap-defs element.).
I made the same search directly with JNDI and it runs well for all queries...
I first use Cocoon 1.8 with Tomcat 3.1 and I got a
java.lang.ClassCastException, then I install Cocoon 1.8.2 because I saw
somewhere that it could solve my problem (due to the patch of Jeff Turner).
It effectively solve the problem of ClassCastException but I got a
org.apache.xerces.dom.DOMExceptionImpl DOM002 Illegal character error
instead for the same results.

Thanks for reply.

Emmanuelle GAUTHIER
Trainee - Mobile Internet Applications