cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <giac...@apache.org>
Subject Re: strange resons not going beta (was Re: C2: trouble getting streaming to work as expected)
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2001 21:24:41 GMT
Ross Burton wrote:

> [snip]
>
> > So, what are you oppinions on this?
>
> I'm with Stefano's original idea - in alpha software everything changes
> all of the time, beta is just bug-fixing.  Content aggregation and
> caching at least need to be partially functional before Cocoon 2 beta 1
> is released.

I don't agree completely. "Beta is just bug-fixing" that's ok but this
does not hinder us to implement new features in a following release (say
2.1).

Content aggregation is a feature that, as far as it seems today, is
implemented by a Generator. Of course the system needs to be able to
service that Generator to get at internal resources of the sitemap. But
this is not something that changes the system from a users perspective
nor does it introduce backward incompatabilities. Its just an added
feature.

Caching is nothing that concerns the user (except for performance). It
should not have any (maybe minimal) impact to users of the system and it
too wouldn't introduce backward incompatabilities.

Giacomo