cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: strange resons not going beta (was Re: C2: trouble gettingstreaming to work as expected)
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2001 16:37:36 GMT
Matt Sergeant wrote:

> On Thu, 29 Mar 2001, Berin Loritsch wrote:
>
> > Real performance differences on pages of similar complexity:
> >
> > ColdFusion: 987ms/access
> > Cocoon 2: 324s/access
>
> Ouch, I guess you're sticking with ColdFusion then :-)

<g> As soon as I found out you can separate style from logic
I was on the Cocoon bandwagon (Cocoon ~1.5).  Back then, there
wasn't much performance difference but ColdFusion scaled better.

I like the fact that I can understand my code now.  I also
like the fact that if we sell the same solution to more than
one customer, we can make them feel like they have another
product entirely--and our maintenance costs are lower with
Cocoon :).