cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <giac...@apache.org>
Subject Refactoring ResourcePipeline
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2001 14:56:02 GMT
Hi all

To those of you which are familiar with the code concerning the Sitemap.
Please give me some feedback.

I'd like to refactor the ResourcePipeline class into a XMLPipeline and a
ResourcePipeline.

The ResourcePipeline class will contain only the code to take a
Generator and a Serializer and is able to connect them together and
process them as it has done before.

The new XMLPipeline class implements a Generator and is able to collect
a Generator and Transformers as the ResourcePipeline has done (the
Generator could possibly be an other XMLPipeline).

Later on the XMLPipeline (and possibly the ResourcePipeline) should be
able to check for caching their components or answering cachability to
the cache system.

This leads to adjustments in the generated Sitemap class to be able to
ask it for a XMLPipeline and a ResourcePipeline separately according to
the definition in the <pipeline> section. This IMO will help simplifying
the implementation of an "Aggregator" which should be able to take
several Generators (read XMLPipelines) requested from the sitemap
directly.

Please give me your feedback, suggestions, comments.

Giacomo