cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com>
Subject Re: SMP glitches
Date Mon, 19 Mar 2001 20:54:40 GMT
Allan Erskine wrote:

> Hi - I've just taken delivery of an SMP box.  The trouble is that with
> it my XSP pages get recompiled every time (eg in the forms/employee
> sample - every menu change that jumps back to employee.xsp results in
> the page recompiling.
>

> This has the unfortunate side-effect of making my 2*1GHz PIII box slower
> to test my XSP sites on than my laptop!
>

> Does anyone have any ideas?  (It's going to be at least a week before I
> get round to trying to debug)

No problems with this page. It works perfect after the problems in the
pool were solved last week.

linux 2.2.17
vm jdk1.3.1beta
(workaround for nasty linux SMP bug in SunVM causing segv)
Hotspot server
cocoon very recent from cvs

My machine is Dual Pentium III 450 MHz

Some race conditions are very sensitive to speed (races are :) ), so you
may try to debug more/less and see if it disappears. Also, switch to
"client" hotspot or other VMs and see the behaviour.