cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SMP glitches
Date Mon, 19 Mar 2001 19:45:16 GMT
> Allan Erskine wrote:
>
> Hi - I've just taken delivery of an SMP box.  The trouble is that with it my XSP pages
get recompiled every time (eg in the
> forms/employee sample - every menu change that jumps back to employee.xsp results in
the page recompiling.

> This has the unfortunate side-effect of making my 2*1GHz PIII box slower to test my XSP
sites on than my laptop!

> Does anyone have any ideas?  (It's going to be at least a week before I get round to
trying to debug)

Which version of Cocoon?
Also, are there any exceptions being reported?
By the fact that you are using forms/employee/employee.xsp I am assuming you are
using Cocoon 2, but when was the last update.  Cocoon ComponentManagement underwent
a major overhaul last friday.  Can you post a copy of the log in WEB-INF/logs/cocoon.log?
Not too many people have SMP boxes (I know I don't), so debugging this can be somewhat
problematic.

P.S. (I'm just fishing here) I have a motherboard for an SMP box, but I need a pair
of processors (no more than 550 MHz), harddrive, and memmory.  If anyone sees fit
to donate hardware to the cause, I can donate debugging skills to the cause.