cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Oracle Workaround in place for adding information.
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2001 19:37:40 GMT
Please note that this would not otherwise be necessary
if Oracle used the setBinaryStream() API.

This was a long and laborious workaround, and would not have
otherwise been possible if Dims didn't point me in the
right direction.  All that remains to be done now, is to
alter the samples so that you can place an image next to
the "employees"!  That would be really cool.  But I'll
let that be someone else's job.

The OraUpdateAction will remain a skeleton until I have
time to devote to it.  This workaround cost me 20 hours
worth of work--and it only benefits people who are using
Oracle.

I am sorry for the rant, but it burns my britches when
major vendors don't conform to the standards.