cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jon Lancelle <>
Subject C2: Database and page editing/updating
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2001 01:15:23 GMT
While working with the samples that are part of C2, I have been altering
them and reloading the page to see the update. Half of the time it
works, the other half I get a Resource-not-found error.

I'll shut down the server and Tomcat, start again, and after a bit (not
always) I can start to see the updates. Then the above paragraph happens
all over again.

This seems to happen only when fudging with the esql.xsp page. I change
it, save it to disk, then reload and usually see the resulting change,
but not always.

I am changing the files under the Tomcat directory, down in the webapp
directory space. Of course, in the ideal world rebuilding the WAR file
would be done. However, I have found the Tomcat webapp subdirectory
cocoon (as where the samples are) MUST be deleted first in order to get
the cocoon.war file to spin out the updates. Editing the files directly
saves time (so I thought.)

I do the above stuff usually while the server and Tomcat 3.0 are

Any ideas?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email:

View raw message