cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcelo F. Ochoa" <moc...@ieee.org>
Subject Re: Anybody run into this error with Oracle JDBC?
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2001 17:11:28 GMT
Berin Loritsch wrote:

> I get this exception consistently at the same point every time.  Unfortunately, the code
was working
> yesterday.  The difference is something in the JdbcConnectionPool code.  I can't see
what is causing
> this to happen, so I am appealling to all of you out there who may have used the Oracle
JDBC driver.

> WARN    89178   [cocoon  ] (Thread-10): There was an error closing the datasource
> java.sql.SQLException: Io exception: Connection reset by peer: socket write error
>
> 	at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:114)
>
> 	at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:156)
>
> 	at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:269)
>
> 	at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleConnection.setAutoCommit(OracleConnection.java:437)
>
> 	at org.apache.avalon.util.datasource.JdbcConnection.setAutoCommit(JdbcConnection.java:73)
>
> 	at org.apache.avalon.util.datasource.JdbcConnection.close(JdbcConnection.java:97)
>
> 	at org.apache.cocoon.acting.DatabaseAddAction.act(DatabaseAddAction.java:112)

Which classes1xx.zip are you using?
Connection pooling with JDBC dirvers for Oracle 8.1.6 has many problem.
These problem includes "No Thread safe working" and prints user name and
password of the DataSource into System.out.
Best regards, Marcelo.

PD: Uses JDBC drivers of 8.1.7, it works fine.

--
Marcelo F. Ochoa - mochoa@ieee.org
Do you Know DB Prism? Look @ http://www.plenix.com/dbprism/