cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com>
Subject Re: [C2] Generator affecting future processing
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2001 20:01:24 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> Only fixed pipelines enforce SoC and given that no example, so far,
> required something different to be implemented, I don't think the model
> is wrong.

Let me see if I understand how I see the model:

Each pipeline component would be a "function" in the system that Cocoon
allows us to implement.

So, it specifies how to get a (serialized) output, given some URI.

Mounting pipelines recursively, I think it is possible, would give us a
nice functional programming language for a request-response (let's call
it functional) machine,

Our whole sitemap would be a program that specifies the functional
transformations between requests (specifying URIs) and responses.

Do I understand, or am I completely and hopelessly lost?

(I'm trying to grok it)