cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Serialization to SOAP/FTP Server
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2001 16:49:44 GMT
Amal Sirvisetti wrote:

> Hi,
>     We need to serialize the XML generated by an XSP page to a SOAP or
> FTP server instead of serizalizing it as HTML or WML to the user's
> browser. Is there an easy way to do this? Do we need to build custom
> serializer(s) for this?
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.

If you are talking about sending XML, just use the XMLSerializer!

If you are talking about pushing the result asynchronously to the
SOAP server, then you might have to create a custom Transformer
that acts as a multiplexer and sends the SAX events to two different
ContentHandlers (the Cocoon stream and your custom implementation).
You can use the XSPSerializer for that purpose as well.

If you are talking about the SOAP server pulling the result, you could
do it through the Sitemap interface.