cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Adopt Modifiable?
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2001 14:04:56 GMT
At 08:43  20/3/01 -0500, Berin Loritsch wrote:
>Not sure.  Can't there be other types of Components/Servers that use
>Modifiable?  It would help with my DataXfer project where I need to
>check if a Job has been run yet or not.  I think it was moved there
>with that thought in mind.

It is good for caching scenarios. However Avalon has been receiving a lot
of flack recently because it has a lot of untested bits. My philosophy has
been if class X is not used by 2 or more projects then it probably is not
general enough and should be stored with the project. If we find that X is
useful and tested in multiple domains then we can move it back into Avalon.
Note that at that stage it would presumably tested and stable.

Cheers,

Pete