cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sergio Carvalho <scarva...@criticalsoftware.com>
Subject Re: How can a Generator read command-line parameters?
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2001 17:30:12 GMT
On Thu, 22 Mar 2001 11:04:03 -0500
Berin Loritsch <bloritsch@apache.org> wrote:

> We are beginning to address that issue now.  Basically, we are going to
> provide the unified interface for parameter access.  I believe that
> Dims has begun to work on it this morning (at least he emailed me about it).

Ok. For now, the EjbGenerator will be HttpServletRequest dependant. It addresses my needs,
and I need it written quick. Whenever I can get it to work on other Environments, I'll refactor
the generator.

> Keep in mind that the command line doesn't have a method of creating
> (much less passing) parameters to Cocoon.  There are other Environments
> that Cocoon can work with where the parameters make sense.  That is
> what the work is going to enable.

There isn't? I've never used Cocoon in command-line mode, but it seems to me it is both possible
and necessary to pass parameters to cocoon. If cocoon provides no interface to receive parameters,
its interest is greatly diminished. Most transactions require external information to complete.