cocoon-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Jeff Turner <j...@socialchange.net.au>
Subject Re: LDAP processor problems
Date Sat, 17 Mar 2001 13:53:58 GMT
On Fri, Mar 16, 2001 at 03:01:20PM +0100, Emmanuelle Gauthier wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> I work with the LDAP processor of Cocoon since a few days and I got some 
> problems.
> I just fand one mail in the Apache Mailing List Archives quite similar to 
> my problem but there were no response...
> 
>  >From:           Daniel Barclay
>  >Date:           Tue, 11 Apr 2000 22:30:37 GMT
>  >Message-Id:  <38F3A78D.F9A27526@digitalfocus.com>
>  >To:              cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
>  >Subject:      LDAP lookup problem 2 - some queries "cn=*y*" fail to find 
> or substitute results
>  >
> Message:  
>>  I'm getting really weird LDAP results for queries with single letters (e.g.,
>>  "cn=*a*"). A few letters don't return expected matches. (I've noticed i, s,
>>  and y.) There is clearly data that should be returned. For example, searching
>>  for "cn=*ay*" or "cn=*a*" both return a list including my name
>>  ("...Barclay"), but search for "cn=*y*" fails. Additionally, when it fails,
>>  it not only fails to return the list of matching data, it doesn't even remove
>>  the ldap-query element. (It does remove the ldap-defs element.)

>>  Similarly, "cn=*i*" fails, but "cn=*il*" match an "Ilene..." and a
>>  "William..."

>>  Does this sound like some really weird LDAP server problem, bugs in the LDAP
>>  processor, or a combination?

>>  Daniel
> 
> I have almost the same problem. I use the LDAP processor, it runs well for 
> some queries such as "(cn=*gauthier*)" and it fails for others such as 
> "(cn=*ganem*)" (the name of my colleague). When it fails, it not only fails 
> to return the list of matching data, it doesn't even remove the ldap-query 
> element. (It does remove the ldap-defs element.).
> I made the same search directly with JNDI and it runs well for all queries...
> I first use Cocoon 1.8 with Tomcat 3.1 and I got a 
> java.lang.ClassCastException, then I install Cocoon 1.8.2 because I saw 
> somewhere that it could solve my problem (due to the patch of Jeff Turner). 
> It effectively solve the problem of ClassCastException but I got a 
> org.apache.xerces.dom.DOMExceptionImpl DOM002 Illegal character error 
> instead for the same results.

Hmm.. which type of LDAP server are are connecting to?

Is your directory returning attributes with rfc2251 "options", eg
"jpegPhoto;binary"? If so, that could be causing things to break as the XML
parser will think it's a malformed entity reference.

Or perhaps some sort of character set issue? What encoding is the input XML
file using? LDAP servers are meant to return ISO-10646 encoded data
(essentially unicode).

You might want to try the LDAP taglib
(http://kenny.socialchange.net.au/~jeff/ldaptaglib), which is more up to date.
If you can post more information (cocoon-users is probably a better place,
btw), that would help.


--Jeff

> 
> Thanks for reply.
> 
> ______________________________________________
> 
> Emmanuelle GAUTHIER
> Trainee - Mobile Internet Applications
> Mobile Communications Operations
> http://www.slb.com/smartcards

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: cocoon-dev-unsubscribe@xml.apache.org
For additional commands, email: cocoon-dev-help@xml.apache.org


Mime
View raw message