cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Davanum Srinivas <d...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [C2] Speed up XSP Engine.
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2001 16:45:38 GMT
Using:
Apache JMeter to present a constant load that over a period of 24 hours would
equal ~1,000,000 page loads.  Basically 12 simultaneous threads with a Random delay
of 1 second +/- one second.  The Dispersion of randomness was a Gaussian dispersion.

On my machine:
Dell OptiPlex GX110, PIII 800 MHz, 512MB RAM, WIN2K, JDK1.3.1-beta, Tomcat 3.2.1, Latest C2
CVS,

The Average request time fell from ~8000ms to ~1000ms.

Thanks,
dims

--- Alberto Silva <alberto@nmp.es> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> approximately, how much improvement supposes this change? Does it doubles the
> XSP speed?? Is it a 100% improvement, 50%, 25%...???
>
> Thanks!
>
> On Friday 02 March 2001 15:09, you wrote:
> > One Small change made a "Huge" difference. Thanks to the OptimizeIT guys
> > for their evaluation version.
> >
> > In ProgramGeneratorImpl.java, we were selcting MarkupLanguage and
> > ProgrammingLanguage every time even though they were not required.
> > Restructuring the code a bit, it increased the speed.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > dims
> >
> > --- Berin Loritsch <bloritsch@apache.org> wrote:
> > >
> > > Damn you rock.  Its like I'm using another system!  I'm still working on
> > > stable Pooling code in Avalon (my last attempt I tried to do too much
> > > in the get()/set() methods).
> > >
> > > What was the kicker for you?  Was it a bunch of small improvements, or
> > > was it one that really made the difference?

> Alberto Silva                 -  alberto@nmp.es  -     -o)
> http://www.nmp.es             - +34 948 19 79 83 -      /\
> GNU/Linux Registered and Supporter User   N.122522     _\_v

=====
Davanum Srinivas, JNI-FAQ Manager
http://www.jGuru.com/faq/JNI