cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Davanum Srinivas <d...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [C2] Speed up XSP Engine.
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2001 14:09:12 GMT
One Small change made a "Huge" difference. Thanks to the OptimizeIT guys for their evaluation
version.

In ProgramGeneratorImpl.java, we were selcting MarkupLanguage and ProgrammingLanguage every
time
even though they were not required. Restructuring the code a bit, it increased the speed.

Thanks,
dims

--- Berin Loritsch <bloritsch@apache.org> wrote:
> Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> >
> > Berin,
> > Please try the latest CVS. XSP Engine should be significantly faster. See earlier
commit email
> for
> > changes.
>
> Damn you rock.  Its like I'm using another system!  I'm still working on
> stable Pooling code in Avalon (my last attempt I tried to do too much
> in the get()/set() methods).
>
> What was the kicker for you?  Was it a bunch of small improvements, or
> was it one that really made the difference?

=====
Davanum Srinivas, JNI-FAQ Manager
http://www.jGuru.com/faq/JNI