cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Krzysztof Zielinski <kzielin...@supermedia.pl>
Subject Cocoon automatic configuration and CDK.
Date Mon, 26 Mar 2001 19:42:53 GMT
Hello.

I have prepared CDK (Cocoon Development Kit). I hope that name CDK
isn't too much proud.

CDK is ready to run Cocoon1 and Cocoon2 distribution based on Tomcat
3.3-m2. (soon on Tomcat 4)
Cocoon2.war from CDK is configured with HypersonicSQL database.

I have some propositions:

1. I'd like to add link to CDK distribution on official Cocoon page.
Actually CDK is on http://ziel.sm.pl

2. I'd like to store CDK on xml.apache.org/cocoon server.

3. I'd like to make Cocoon 2 configuration with various databases more
automatic.

I have modified original build.xml and Cocoon 2 files with database
calls.
Modification are very simple, they needs to select tokens for Ant
filter eg: in cocoon.xconf

from:
  <datasources>
    <component-instance name="personnel"
    class="org.apache.avalon.util.datasource.JdbcDataSource">
      <pool-controller min="5" max="10"/>
      <dburl>jdbc:postgresql://localhost/test</dburl>
      <user>test</user>
      <password>test</password>
    </component-instance>
  </datasources>
to:
  <datasources>
    <component-instance name="@personnel@"
    class="@org.apache.avalon.util.datasource.JdbcDataSource@">
      <pool-controller min="5" max="10"/>
      <dburl>@jdbc:postgresql://localhost/test@</dburl>
      <user>@test@</user>
      <password>@test@</password>
    </component-instance>
  </datasources>

Special tokens are changed by ant to specified values eg: conection
name, jdbc url, user name , password etc.

I'm waiting for your suggestions.

--
Best regards,
 Krzysztof                          mailto:kzielinski@supermedia.pl