cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Allan Erskine <a.ersk...@cs.ucl.ac.uk>
Subject Re: Add action not working????
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2001 08:56:02 GMT
how are your database tables set up?  On my postgres database I was using
the serial (autonumbering) type for my id column and had this problem

Try changing the keys element in employee.xml to read
    <keys>
      <key param="employee" dbcol="id" type="int" mode="automatic"/>
    </keys>

or whatever's appropriate for your database.

- Allan

----- Original Message -----
From: "Amir Azmi" <aazmi@centervilletech.com>
To: "Cocoon-Dev (E-mail)" <cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2001 12:27 AM
Subject: Add action not working????

Hi,

I am using latest CVS C2 release along with Tomcat nightly build. I am
trying out "action" samples with SQL Server2000 as backend. When I run
the "employee.xsp" sample, update and delete actions work just fine but
for add action I keep getting NULL pointer exception.

Can u give me an idea why this must be happening.

Thanks in advance

Amir

Following is the part of the cocoon.log file which reflects the error.

****************************** ERROR LOG *****************

org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Could not add
record:java.lang.NullPointerException
at
org.apache.cocoon.acting.DatabaseAddAction.act(DatabaseAddAction.java:10
3)
at
org.apache.cocoon.sitemap_xmap.action_set_employee(sitemap_xmap.java:995
)
at
org.apache.cocoon.sitemap_xmap.process(sitemap_xmap.java:2241)
at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Handler.process(Handler.java:154)
at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Manager.invoke(Manager.java:108)
at
org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.service(CocoonServlet.java:387)
at
tionFilterChain.java:246)
at
erChain.java:191)
at
e.java:254)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:566)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:4
72)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:879)
at
e.java:201)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:566)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:4
72)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:879)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:208
7)
at
:164)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:566)
at
org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:446
)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:564)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:4
72)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:879)
at
java:162)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:566)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:4
72)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:879)
at
org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.process(HttpProcessor.j
ava:818)
at
org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.run(HttpProcessor.java:
897)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)