cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Alberto Silva <albe...@nmp.es>
Subject Re: [C2] Speed up XSP Engine.
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2001 15:12:21 GMT
Hi,

approximately, how much improvement supposes this change? Does it doubles the
XSP speed?? Is it a 100% improvement, 50%, 25%...???

Thanks!

On Friday 02 March 2001 15:09, you wrote:
> One Small change made a "Huge" difference. Thanks to the OptimizeIT guys
> for their evaluation version.
>
> In ProgramGeneratorImpl.java, we were selcting MarkupLanguage and
> ProgrammingLanguage every time even though they were not required.
> Restructuring the code a bit, it increased the speed.
>
> Thanks,
> dims
>
> --- Berin Loritsch <bloritsch@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > Damn you rock.  Its like I'm using another system!  I'm still working on
> > stable Pooling code in Avalon (my last attempt I tried to do too much
> > in the get()/set() methods).
> >
> > What was the kicker for you?  Was it a bunch of small improvements, or
> > was it one that really made the difference?

Alberto Silva                 -  alberto@nmp.es  -     -o)
http://www.nmp.es             - +34 948 19 79 83 -      /\
GNU/Linux Registered and Supporter User   N.122522     _\_v
Ordenagailu baten gauzarik garrantzitsuena aulkia eta
teklatuaren artean dago