cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Matthias D. Herold" <...@javisto.com>
Subject Re: [C2] XSP / keywords in directory names
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2001 15:13:48 GMT
"Berin Loritsch" wrote:

> "Matthias D. Herold" wrote:
> >
> > Hello Davanum,
> >
> > if I rename the directory, it works. But I think it should also work
> > with java keywords as directory name...
> >
> > IMO there should be a better method for mapping directories to package names
> > (for example just adding underscores to the beginning and the end of each
> > package name would be fine: directory /static maps to org.apache.cocoon._static_).
> >
> > I am currently not familiar enough with the code to be able to fix such things;
> > so I'll just send bug reports  ;-)
>
> If you actually had an extension on your file name, it would work as well:
> org.apache.cocoon.static_xmap

There is an extension on the file name; the file is named 'index.jsp' and put
in a directory named 'static': 'static/index.xsp'.

> Personally, I don't like seeing tons of extra underscores.  It reminds me of some
> really old C code.  However, we can add them in.

The underscores were just my first idea to solve the problem; there
might be other or cleaner solutions, of course.

I think it would be great for an easy use of Cocoon that all
directory names the OS permits, can be used with Cocoon.

Matthias