cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Peter C. Verhage" <pete...@zeelandnet.nl>
Subject Known problem? XSP taglib with document(...) change don't get noticed
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2001 21:02:55 GMT
Weird subject?! :)

What I ment is, when I create a taglib, that uses the XSLT document() method
to include data from a certain XML document, once the page is generated it
will not get regenerated once the with the document method included XML
document changes.

This means I have to touch, or just open and save the XML document which
uses the taglibrary before it get's read again, and used within the taglib,
and finally be transformed to some special Java code.

I need this functionality somehow, because I use an external XML document
with some configuration parameters, which name I mention within my XML
document which uses the tag library, so the tag library knows where to find
the configuration file, it will read it and gets what it needs to generate
the JAVA file. I use an external XML file so I don't have to enter the
configuration parameters in each XML file which use the taglibrary. I could
use XInclude, but I'd rather don't because this way is more transparent for
the developer that only knows of the taglibrary...

Regards,

Peter