cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan L├╝ttringhaus-Kappel <>
Subject [C2] esql problem: pooling fails
Date Sun, 11 Feb 2001 19:54:53 GMT

I'm using C2 checked out on 2001-02-09 (same problem occurs with
a version from January), MySQL, mm.mysql-2.0.4, Linux and the very
simple document:

<xsp:page language="java"

              select * from TestVideos

In cocoon.xconf (sensitive info replaced by ...):

    <component-instance name="personnel"
      <pool-controller min="5" max="10"/>

Each of the 10 connections is used only once, so I get
"java.sql.SQLException: There are no more Connections available" after
10 queries which work as expected. I'm not yet a Cocoon expert, but I
guess that connections should be given back to the pool and not just
closed. In the generated program, however, I read:

    finally { try {
              if (!_esql_connection.connection.getAutoCommit()) {

              _esql_connection.connection.close();  // !!!!!

              if (_esql_connections.empty()) {
                  _esql_connection = null;
              } else {
                  _esql_connection =
            } catch (Exception _esql_exception_NF) {}

Is this ok? Is my setup / my concept wrong? I already searched the
mailing lists and found nothing similar.

Best regards,
Stefan L├╝ttringhaus-Kappel

View raw message