cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: [C2] build problem with servlet 2.3
Date Mon, 26 Feb 2001 19:09:37 GMT
On Mon, 26 Feb 2001, Paul Russell wrote:

> * Berin Loritsch (bloritsch@apache.org) wrote :
> > Speaking of which--would it be more beneficial to everyone if we included
> > the sourcecode to MaybeUpload instead of the jar?  With the license it is
> > possible as long as the source files retain the license information in their
> > headers.
>
> Are we allowed to do that? I thought we could only have non-APL stuff
> as libs. Anyone remember where the documentation for this kind of thing
> is?

the documentation doesn't exist per se afaik. it's been discussed several
times on the members list, and the upshot is that APL/BSD compatible code
is OK, so long as its clearly attributed as per its license. GPL and LGPL
code is not, and for all others, ask the apache member representatives
(giacomo, stefano, and i at the moment).

stefano and giacomo will correct me if i'm wrong, naturally.

- donald