cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: Quick point on xinclude syntax.
Date Mon, 19 Feb 2001 18:14:25 GMT
On Mon, 19 Feb 2001, Paul Russell wrote:

> I've just been checking up on the xinclude spec in the context of the
> ongoing discussions of content aggregation. The copy of the spec I can
> see is using the <xinclude:include href=".." parse=".."/> syntax, as
> opposed to the <my:element xinclude:href=".." xinclude:parse=".."/>
> Stefano mentioned. Am I right in thinking that the former is now the
> preferred syntax (again)? God I hate it when standards yoyo :/

it would appear that they switched it back:

"While the WG has decided to publish this working draft, outstanding
issues remain as noted in the draft. Based on feedback from the user
community, this draft has returned to the element-based syntax of the
March 22nd working draft"

interestingly, there is no feedback to that effect that _i_ can find in
their comments forum:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-xml-xinclude-comments/

but there's not much there besides spam anyway. oh well. i'm just
bitching. wish _i_ was a w3c member so i could find out about these
things.

- donald