cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: SAXON and Cocoon 2
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2001 19:44:50 GMT
On Wed, 7 Feb 2001, Conny Krappatsch wrote:

> On Tue, 06 Feb 2001 15:44:21 -0500
> Berin Loritsch <bloritsch@apache.org> wrote:
> > Is anyone planning on getting SAXON to work with Cocoon 2?
> > My feeble attempts have all failed.  SAXON is supposed to be
> > jaxp compliant, and all the examples I have seen from the
> > SAXON archive are pretty much the same as for Xalan 2.
> >
> > SAXON is a little faster than Xalan 2 right now, so I wanted
> > to give it a shot.
>
> After a first try with Saxon and a quick look at the sitemap code it looks
> like the sitemap is based on some Xalan specific extensions, e.g. in
> sitemap.xsl line 25:
>
> <xsl:variable name="factory-loader"
> select="java:org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.XSLTFactoryLoader.new()"/>
>
> For some reason this causes Saxon to throw a
> TransformerConfigurationException at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.language.markup.Logicsheet line 89. The
> exception is catched and causes a NullPointerException at line 91 (maybe
> the log writer isn't inititalized).

that's probably because the java: extension syntax is xalan-specific - i
don't think any of the xslt transformers have a standard method of
invoking external methods in xslt-1.0. do you happen to know what SAXON's
syntax is? i suppose we could write two different sitemap.xsl files, one
per xslt transformer. alternately, we could force c2 to use xalan for
transforming the sitemap, at least until xslt-1.1 rolls around.

- donald