cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From dima <dberas...@openworld.co.uk>
Subject [C2] wierd error on start up with a recent CVS checkout
Date Tue, 06 Feb 2001 19:29:10 GMT

 Hi everyone,

 Although having successfully complied a very recent copy of C2 from CVS,
I seem to be getting a really weird error (at least to me) when trying to
get it going with Tomcat-4.0-b1.

 If not anything else, I am very curious what does it actually mean.
I have absolutely no idea how could CocoonServlet being an HttpServlet
throw a ClassCastExpection. Or is it maybe a Tomcat problem?

javax.servlet.ServletException: Class org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet
is not a Servlet
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(StandardWrapper.java:743)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.allocate(StandardWrapper.java:544)
---------
java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(StandardWrapper.java:740)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.allocate(StandardWrapper.java:544)

thanks,
dima