cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: Pre-compiltion of the xml files inside the repository.
Date Mon, 05 Feb 2001 23:24:09 GMT
On Mon, 5 Feb 2001, Philippe Lavoie wrote:

> Compiling the files takes some times. Can anybody tell me how I can tell
> Cocoon (or Tomcat) to pre-compile all the .xml files inside the repository ?
>
> If it is not possible, can you let me know too ? :)

cocoon isn't setup to allow that. it's not impossible, you could write
something to look for a list of urls in cocoon.properties and precompile
them. or you could do it even more easily and write a shell script to fire
up wget on the urls you want to precomile and add it to your apache
startup script. try the jikes compiler - it's significantly faster.

- donald