cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Scott_B...@lotus.com
Subject Re: WG: Xalan 2.0.0 breaks Cocoon2
Date Thu, 08 Feb 2001 04:10:49 GMT

I'm out of town at a conference, but will try and address this as soon as
possible.

> > This happens when Xalan finds an error in the input XML.  It is either
> > throwing some exception that is never caught, or it is just sitting
> > there.  Someone who has a subscription to the Xalan list, could you
> > propogate this to the Xalan list?  (I am already subscribed to 8 lists,
> > and any more will make my job even harder)
>
> It seems that when the SAXParseException is caught (and it is), that
Xalan
> wants to try again and again until it can't anymore.  Will check to see
if
> there is an option.

It would help a *lot* to speed up a fix if I could get a unit-test
replication of this problem.

Propagating errors across pipelines and hence across threads is a challenge
(remember that Xalan produces a second thread for the transformer for the
sake of incremental processing... especially important in pipelines).  I
thought everything was working well in this respect, but perhaps something
regressed.

-scott

                    "Matthew

                    Langham"             To:     <xalan-dev@xml.apache.org>

                    <mlangham@sun        cc:     (bcc: Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus)

                    dn.de>               Subject:     WG: Xalan 2.0.0 breaks Cocoon2

                    02/07/2001

                    11:01 AM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    xalan-dev

Berin seems to have found a cause..

Can anyone in the xalan team help us with this?

Thanks

Matthew

Tel: +49-5251-1581-30   [mlangham@sundn.de - http://www.sundn.de]