cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@sundn.de>
Subject AW: [RT] sharing latest research production (long!)]
Date Mon, 19 Feb 2001 14:29:11 GMT
> <long snip>
> ..
> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> > Giacomo Pati wrote
> > This assumption might be acceptable for an XSLT transformer but almost
> every
> > other specialized transformer can and will change over time
> (I18nTransformer,
> > SQLTransformer).
>
> Yes, this is why I suggest to place all these 'specialized'
> transformation capabilities at generation time.

Do you mean, not to have those transformers and instead have some corresponding generators?
But that would reduce the transformation stage of the pipeline to pure stylesheet transformation.

And this in turn would reduce the flexibility of the pipeline:
How could I then generate a pipeline which uses more than one (former) transformer,
e.g. the SQLTransformer and the I18nTransformer? This would leed to a huge mess of generators
for all possible combinations.

Is this what you meant - or did I get something wrong?

Carsten