cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@sundn.de>
Subject AW: [C2]: What happened to Roles.COCOON?
Date Fri, 16 Feb 2001 10:17:22 GMT
> Giacomo Pati wrote:
> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > after updating to the latest CVS the Roles.COCOON has disappeared!
>
> Yes, read the mail from berin from last night .

Hmm, ok it seems that my mail account is still not working correct. I didn't get any mail
from berin.
I will check the mail archive then.

> > Was this removing intentionally? And why?
>
> Because it doesn't offer any services and it never really was a Component.
> It
> was made so initially and was keeps so for a too long time.
>

> > How can I get the Cocoon instance now? A simple
> > ComponentManger.lookup(Roles.COCOON) does of course not work anymore.
>
> Why do you need a Cocoon instance? There is nothing you should
> need to mess
> around with it.

OK, you're right, there should be no need....but....
I just it for performance reasons. I wrote a kind of IncludeTransformer which includes resources
from the sitemap. Instead of getting them using a url and thus sending an http request from
inside the server, my *trick* was to create an own environment for this request, parse it
to the Cocoon instance to process it.
I know this might not be the way it should, but for my project its the only way it works...
Now I have to invent another "dirty" trick...

Carsten