cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Vadim Gritsenko" <vgritse...@hns.com>
Subject NPE in CocoonServlet with WebLogic6, was: classpath problems with cocoon2
Date Fri, 16 Feb 2001 15:10:13 GMT

<snip/>

> > By 'unsealing' jaxp.jar and crimson.jar and adding 'servlet.jar' to the
> > context classpath attribute, Cocoon2 works perfectly out of a single jar
> > on Catalina.
> >
> > I believe this is a pretty damn good result given the problems we face
> > and there are no side effects in these changes.
>
> Yeah, but how many other implementations do we have to worry about.
> BEA is another one--although I will attempt to unseal their XML parser
> to get the same results.

Neither 5.1, nor 6.0 have sealed JARs. 5.1 even doesn't have META-INF
directory
in jar...

But what I got when tried to drop cocoon.war into Weblogic 6 is NPE:

java.lang.NullPointerException
	at java.io.File.<init>(File.java:181)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.getClassPath(CocoonServlet.java:140)
	at org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.init(CocoonServlet.java:105)
	at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.createServlet(ServletStubImpl.java
:687)
	at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.createInstances(ServletStubImpl.ja
va:625)
	at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.prepareServlet(ServletStubImpl.jav
a:573)
	at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.getServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:29
5)
	at
:204)
	at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.invokeServlet(WebAppServletCo
ntext.java:1127)
	at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.execute(ServletRequestImpl.java
:1529)
	at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:137)

PS Fresh cocoon from CVS

Regards,
Vadim