cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Martin Rogard" <mar...@vibes.net>
Subject RE: [ot] XSLT pain in the *?
Date Wed, 28 Feb 2001 10:13:32 GMT
Hi,

I think you point to the right question. In my first post I deliberately
choose to sounds rude to shock and explain my frustration to not use Cocoon
2 everywhere but I like it, and plan to use it as soon as possible.

What you say is I choose to sacrifice maintainability for creativity and
It's true ! We are not a web agency and our strength is in creativity (VIBES
is a video game developer...) and for the moment It's IMHO too difficult to
create both creative and maintainable web sites with Cocoon because of the
lack of good visual XSLT tool.
But their are a lot of places where I plan to use Cocoon, this includes all
web application that will need to be available on a large number of devices
(web, phones, special programs, print, ...). In this area I think Cocoon is
the most powerful tool available and I would like to thanks all developers
for that.

In a totally other note I am wondering what is planned for Cocoon on the
management side express in the SoC document, is it now clear that Infozone
is taking care of this part or will Cocoon 2 includes management tools ?

Martin Rogard
http://www.vibes.net
http://www.mankind.net