cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul Lamb" <>
Subject RE: [RT] sharing latest research production (long!)
Date Thu, 15 Feb 2001 17:38:31 GMT
I've read you RT twice now and with your comments to Robin it does make
sense. It brought back a real deja vu from over a decade ago when I sat
through an entire day on the design and implementation of the scheduler,
paging, MMU and TLD of the RS/6000 right after it first came out. Very
similar thought processes.

My first thought on the formulas is what about when the first retrieval
is hugely expensive, but after that it's not at all. I'm not sure where
you'd put information like ignore the first x number of accesses.

View raw message