cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stuart Roebuck <stuart.roeb...@adolos.co.uk>
Subject Re: [C2] Unit testing.
Date Fri, 09 Feb 2001 17:13:07 GMT
Any thoughts on what pattern will be used for including the tests?

My personal preference is locating the tests alongside the classes and allowing Ant to strip
them out when the distribution package is built.

So you have:
	AClass.java
	AClassTest.java (JUnit tests)
	MyClass.java
	MyClassTest.java (JUnit tests)

This keeps the code and test very close and always side by side in alphabetical directory
listings, but allows it to be removed with a generic:

	exclude name="**/*Test.java"

Any test input or output files can be put in a separate Test subdirectory and excluded with:

	exclude name="**/Test"

So you have:
	AClass.java
	AClassTest.java (JUnit tests)
	MyClass.java
	MyClassTest.java (JUnit tests)
	Test/
		InputTestFile1.txt
		InputTestFile2.xml
		ResultExampleFile1.txt

I'm not saying that this pattern is any better than any other, I just thought it would be
worth having a pattern to work to.

Stuart.