cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Torsten Curdt" <tcu...@dff.st>
Subject generate and additional xpath
Date Fri, 09 Feb 2001 11:21:37 GMT
Wouldn't be another parameter for map:generate useful?

What really bugged me at he recent sitemap based content
aggregation discussion was that the aggregation can
only happen at root level.

What about introducing an xpath attribute to map:generate
that represent a prefix for all generated SAX events?
With this prefix we could place the content at a specific
position inside the document.

   <map:match pattern="content">
    <map:generate type="serverpages" src="page.xml"/>
    <map:generate type="serverpages" src="content1.xml" xpath="page/content"/>
    <map:generate type="serverpages" src="content2.xml" xpath="page/content"/>
    <map:transform src="xml2html.xsl"/>
    <map:serialize/>
   </map:match>

Is this possible and even useful?