cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Pier P. Fumagalli" <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: [report] Classloading problems between Catalina and Cocoon
Date Fri, 23 Feb 2001 03:17:27 GMT
James Duncan Davidson <duncan@x180.net> wrote:
> on 2/22/01 8:40 AM, Tom Reilly at treilly@allaire.com wrote:
>
>> That said, I think javac is never going to be this compiler, at least
>> not any time soon.  They just re-wrote it and I doubt they'll do it
>> again.  A more mobile open source project like KJC is probably more
>> realistic.
>
> There was very high interest at the time that this was percolating around,
> but if Bill M. has now left, well... Then its a staffing concern. Rgh. I'm
> still digging, so...

A compiler relying on a ClassLoader instead of single .class files is
definitely required, not only in Servlet world, but also in the IDE space.
I heard that Forte was having issues with the current JavaC too, we might
want to check with them what were their requirements (and if I'm not wrong,
they were exactly the same as ours!)

    Pier

Pier P. Fumagalli                              <mailto:pier@betaversion.org>