cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Pier P. Fumagalli" <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: [report] Classloading problems between Catalina and Cocoon
Date Fri, 23 Feb 2001 03:15:00 GMT
Tom Reilly <treilly@allaire.com> wrote:

> +1
>
> There's no reason going from .java to a Class object should be any
> harder than going from .class to a Class object.  If the compiler used
> ClassLoader's instead of manually reading .class files in through the
> file system, fast in-memory compilation becomes a possibility (and
> your runtime classpath becomes the same as your compiler classpath).
>
> That said, I think javac is never going to be this compiler, at least
> not any time soon.  They just re-wrote it and I doubt they'll do it
> again.  A more mobile open source project like KJC is probably more
> realistic.

If someone can check out what JavaCC produces as an output, then it wouldn't
be "that" hard to come up with a compiler, using InfoSeek's Trove Class File
API (Check out <http://opensource.go.com/Trove/index.html> for more info on
it). The big hurdle to go across is definitely the parser...

    Pier

Pier P. Fumagalli                              <mailto:pier@betaversion.org>