cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Pier P. Fumagalli" <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: [report] Classloading problems between Catalina and Cocoon
Date Wed, 21 Feb 2001 23:47:26 GMT
James Duncan Davidson <duncan@x180.net> wrote:

> on 2/15/01 10:12 AM, Stefano Mazzocchi at stefano@apache.org wrote:
>
>> today's java compilation technology stinks!
>
> Or rather, the method of accessing today's Java compiler stinks.

Nono, the whole technology stinks. To include Java classes JAVAC doesn't
rely on the classloader, but on single File objects, and that causes
problems when compiling stuff like JSP...

>> Pier and I started talking about a JSR for Java Compilation API months
>> ago and I even wrote a JSR-ignition document but the 'javac' team sucked
>> it, well, I don't know anything about it.
>
> I'll check up on this.

We were talking with Bill Maddox, and apparently, he left Sun for Transmeta
without saying anything. That's why the whole discussion went down the
drain. Just a FYI..

    Pier