cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sandor Spruit <san...@cs.uu.nl>
Subject Re[2]: Discussion of FAQ question on Cocoon resources
Date Wed, 21 Feb 2001 09:13:14 GMT

Robin,

Somehow, I missed your answer in the massive number of messages
heading my way since I joined some of the xml/jakarta lists. It
usually does not take me 5 days to respond :)

On Friday, February 16, 2001, 4:34:10 PM, you wrote:

Robin> Sandor Spruit <sandor@cs.uu.nl> wrote:

>>[Referring to Cocoon 1.8.2 - the question at this URL:
>>http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/faqs.html#faq-resourcenotfound
>>- trying to figure out *exactly* what the problem is]

Robin> First, a disclaimer - that FAQ was first written before my
Robin> time, and I don't fully understand the issue(s).

OK.

>> I've been trying to run Cocoon in its own context on Tomcat 3.2.1,
>> with its own libs and stuff tucked away neatly under WEB-INF (Some
>> collegues of mine would like to work with other xml software on the
>> same experimental Tomcat machine we have installed - that's why :)
>> The libraries have name and version clashes - Xerces, Xalan etc).
>> This set-up does not appear to be possible as yet - something to do
>> with some resource files stored within Jar files; classloaders etc.

Robin> I think I've fixed this. Try

I've just downloaded the latest zipfile and will probably have a look
at it later today.

Regards,
Sandor
--
ir A.G.L. Spruit, Utrecht University, the Netherlands
Institute of information and computing sciences