cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Klaasen Tom <Tom.Klaa...@the-ecorp.com>
Subject [C2] Parameters for generators
Date Mon, 26 Feb 2001 14:40:53 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to setup a pipeline in the sitemap that allows to get different
XML documents depending on the language. Each document exists in several
languages, and I want to get the one specified by the language entry in e.g.
a cookie.

My idea to proceed was something like this:

   <map:match pattern="mydoc.html">
 	<map:act type="lang_select">
		<map:generate type="slide" src="mydoc.xml">
			<language map:value="{lang}"/>
		</map:generate>
	</map:act>

   	<map:transform type="xslt" src="stylesheets/simple.xsl"/>
   	<map:serialize type="html"/>
   </map:match>

The generator of type "slide" is a generator written by us to get content
from an api we built on top of the slide repository.

Unfortunately, I don't seem to be able to get a hold on the "language"
parameter I specify. Also setting it as an attribute doesn't seem to be a
solution, since a Generator can only take the "src" attribute in account.

Is there
(a) a reason for the hard-coding of only one available parameter;
(b) a workaround for this;
(c) another solution that will work under C2?

Thanks for your comments,

tomK